|Colorful Pasta Beads
Colorful Pasta Beads
• Penne, rigatoni or macaroni pasta
• Food coloring (red, blue, yellow)
• Rubbing Alcohol
• Large re-sealable sandwich bags
• Wax paper
1. Add 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol to
a large re-sealable sandwich bag.
2. Add 12 drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.
3. Add 1 cup of pasta to the bag. Shake until the pasta is fully coated in dye.
4. Let the pasta sit in the bag for about an hour.
5. Turn the bag over and let the pasta sit for another hour. To produce a darker color, leave the pasta in the bag longer.
6. Drain the pasta and set it aside on top of a sheet of wax paper to dry overnight.
7. Make sure you keep each color of wet pasta separated on the wax paper while drying.
8. The next day, children can string the rainbow pasta beads into necklaces!