Prep a Healthy Dinner in 5 Minutes
By Momma Chef
I cannot take credit for this amazing recipe; I owe my fabulous sister-in-law kudos for this dish. She made it once and my entire family requests it when we go over to their house for dinner. This Greek chicken is delicious! It’s simple enough that your kids will love it—even the picky eaters—and elegant enough that you can serve it for a dinner party.
Simple and Delicious Healthy Greek Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
• juice of 2 lemons (or 1/3 cup lemon juice)
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley divided in half
• 2 teaspoons Lawry’s seasoning salt
• 2–3 pounds bone-in chicken
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Mix lemon juice, oil, ½ cup chopped parsley, and seasoning salt in a bowl.
2. Place chicken evenly around the pan with skin side up and pour ¾ of the marinade over the chicken.
3. Add the chopped garlic.
4. Bake uncovered at 400°F for 45 minutes.
5. After placing the chicken on a serving dish, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and sprinkle with ½ cup chopped parsley.
1. The best way to easily squeeze lemons is to cut them in half and throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds. The lemon will be easier to squeeze when warm.
2. If you like a crispy skin, broil the chicken for the last 5 minutes until skin browns.
This article originally appeared on MommaChef.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
Karen Nochimowski, aka Momma Chef, is a mother of three active boys (ages 12, 8, and 5). On her blog, MommaChef.com, find more of her recipes, all of which require no more than six ingredients and six minutes of prep time.